IECC Energy Review and Masonry Compliance Options (LU/HSW)
The International Energy Construction Code is leading the charge for increasingly stringent energy code requirements across the nation, requiring ongoing adaptation of design strategies.
This course reviews exterior envelope R-Value requirements and masonry wall compliance options in regards to the latest IECC code as well as several competitive building materials. We will review evolving exterior wall R-value requirements, explore the definition and impact of continuous insulation (CI), and present design opportunities for innovative wall systems that meet and exceed IECC performance standards.
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand IECC requirements for exterior walls.
- Describe the principles behind continuous insulation (CI).
- Develop effective specifications that incorporate continuous insulation into masonry systems.
- Understand the benefits and limitations of “new” & “old” wall systems.
- Effectively apply this knowledge to future projects in order to meet increasingly aggressive energy performance goals.
This course is applicable to all masonry product lines, especially for InsulTech.
Get the latest news and information from Echelon by signing up to receive our monthly newsletter.